Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Work In Progress

The arbor ...in the process.
I love Spring...even when it is so overwhelming with projects lined up to be done, making me feel like the list will never be done. It has been that way lately, but slowly we are picking away at what needs doing....and I know we are making head way. I am sure Mother Nature must be feeling that same way of late. Here in our part of Maine, our crocus are just starting!!


But it is a start....and THAT is what is important. The entire project of redoing the grape arbor hung over our heads for so long. And then it turned out to be a 'looooonnnngggg' project. The main posts had to be dug by hand....and the posts and runners harvested from our woods. But it is done....and we are happy with it. I so hope the deer can't demolish it is easily now! The grapes are back hanging on the new arbor,ready to sprout their leaves....and grapes will come.

I have had some studio time....catching it where I can. I have finished some small caseins. Keeneland #1 is one of them....one of several small racing scenes I am doing. I know I need to get back into the studio with some bigger work...but the "to-do" list hangs over me like a Isosceles sword!! And spring is pushing into our farm saying "Get ready....summer is coming!!"

"Keeneland # 1"      Casein on board       6 X 6" 

3 comments:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Wehoo! Summer get here fast! We're 11 inches above normal for rain for this month here in KY. I'm hoping it will dry up soon! Great painting! It really captures the moment at the track.

Kpeters said...

Kimberly, Hope you all are ok down there in KY! Stay well!!

kp

Ashleigh said...

Thanks for getting me in the mood for Derby time!