Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

May Is Always Special

My Bleeding Heart

 Sometimes we miss the small details. Sometimes we miss the beauty and wonder that each day provides, while we hurry along with our daily obligations. I try to not take each day for granted. Each and everyday for me is a blessing. I am reminded of that on a daily basis...and especially in May..... I want to remind everyone that May is Stroke Awareness Month. This month always means more than the beauty of spring to me....it means the beauty of life.....and all the God given blessings that I see each day in my life and surroundings. I am a Stroke survivor [See my story on my Tuesday, May 6, 2008 blog post.] and proud of it. So when life gets too busy and full of details, I really like to take the proverbial time to smell the roses...in this case the Bleeding Hearts....and look what I saw!! A little guy who is way busier than I!

Busy Bee
 May is also special for me this year because I have a painting in the 57TH Annual Exhibit of the National Society of Painters in Casein and Acrylic [ I am a member.] that will be hanging in the prestigious Salmagundi Club of New York City! The show opens today May 23, 2011 and hangs
through June 10th, when their Awards night will take place. I am so honored to be included in this show ….!!!  And it is one of the only national exhibits that have a medium category for casein. This is wonderful! 
"Shades Of Black #9"  casein on board        12 x 12"

 That being said….Here is my latest ‘oil’, a small 8 x 6” painting of our JRT that I have titled ”Boogie Eyes”. Our Nellie often lays and looks at us with these eyes….big and dark…Boogie eyes! 


"Boogie Eyes"      oil on board     8 x 6"
 With rain still coming down, gray skies surround the farm…..I am headed down to the studio to finish a new casein…and work on another I have just started. I also need to start making notes about my method for painting in casein for a demonstration I will be giving in August in Saratoga Springs for Equidea Gallery.
I am busy….but what else is new?




3 comments:

Marie Theron said...

What a super time for you, Kathi! You are so honored to exhibit in New York! Your doggie is delightful, one can see that you know him well!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Love the bleeding hearts. My guy did some yardwork and totally cute mine down this week!!!!!!! He thought it looked "Weedish". I'm glad it will come back next year!

Jenny said...

This is a nice post and I appreciate the sentiments. Slow down, bleeding hearts, enjoy the roses. I love your dog painting! Great colors. Good luck on your exhibition in NY. xo Jenny