Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A New Casein And A Pen & Ink

"Lady And Her Horse"    Casein on Paper        12 x 9"

The days have been flying by, as I play nurse-maid and farm manager at Cob Cottage, while my husband recuperates from his carriage driving accident at Acadia National Park. He is on the mend..., but it will be a slow process, as his 4 broken ribs heal. This means I have less actual studio time. But I have been able to squeeze some sketching time into each day, so as not to have them be a total loss art-wise. So I did do this casein on paper.....my take on a elegant lady and her steed, a painting prompted by the photography of Lisa Sjodahl for Coldwell Production in Sweden. Yvonne Lauklija is the producer of Coldwell Production and she has become a close Face Book friend!......and her horses are so handsome. She is the creative force behind this shot.

Another friend,a collector of my work, sent me a great shot of her driving horse,and carriage turnout. This prompted a pen and ink sketch.....I did it between waiting on my ailing husband.
It is about 8 1/2 x 12 " and is on Strathmore paper.
"Lady Whip"    8.5 X 12"      pen & ink

I am excited to say that my painting "Shades Of Gray #7- "Ladies In White" has made it into the top ten in the Bold Brush Competition...which qualifies it to be awarded a place in their "Fav15". This is a pleasant surprise. But the voting does continue until the end of the month....so if you are just reading this I would love to have your vote....just click the "like-button" up on their art show page. The link available is above.. on the artwork's title. That will take you right there. Thanks!!

You can also clink on to this  get to the page to vote!

And now down to the barn I go to 'manage  the farm".....a polite to say muck stalls!! ;-)


No comments: