Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Me? Acrylics? Never!





Well......we should never say never.



The two acrylics - above and below - have just been finished and I must say, I am a bit pleased with the way they came out. They are both 9 x 12" on gallery wrapped canvas and ready to hang on a wall...together or separately. I will be doing more work with acrylics in the future. I am using acrylics with some of my casein paintings too, finding an interesting effect with the mix. So one could say I am getting into more mixed media works of late. These two works were inspired by our Welsh Cob Filly, Maggie. In a previous post I showed the graphite study I had done of this filly's eye, to figure out the format I wanted for the paintings.





The weather has been so lovely lately in Morrill, Maine. This is a such a nice change from the long winter we had. I am trying so hard be good and work in the studio ...but goodness... the sun and the gardens call for me. How can one concentrate?
I have also been walking our Cob mare Victoria...some folks walk their dog...I walk my Cob. She enjoys the time to get out and away from the herd...and I enjoy having her company. Her daughter Maggie isn't too pleased that her mother is getting out and about without her...........but such is life!

No comments: