Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Taking It Laying Down

I have been very busy the last week or so......but I am almost done with a commission and some deadlines I needed to get through. It has been hard forcing myself to stay in the studio. I swear that I will get out in the sun more tomorrow ......transplant some perennials and did I see grass growing that needs mowing already??
I may even get a ride on one of the horses in!!

The 9 x 12" painting above is of one of the draft horses at Acadia National Park. This fellow is done in casein on Colorfix....a favourite combination for me.

More later.........time to feed the horses. [Isn't it always time to feed the horses ,or the dog, or the cat, or the flowers, or the husband...............etc etc....................


3 comments:

klynn said...

The perspective in this one is very interesting. Colourfix is a great surface to work on, especially when it shows through glazes..very nice.

Unknown said...

I love the way you have captured this horse at his most vulnerable moment: he looks peaceful and yet still so in control. The whole feel to the piece is very very nice. Love the colours.

Kpeters said...

Thanks Klynn and Sheona,
It is funny, but I feel with the Colourfix surface the paintings paint themselves!!
Neat huh?
kp