Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year And New Goals

Cold Winter Winds Are Blowing
The holidays have come and gone. We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with our family and friends. Now life is starting to get back to the daily routine of barn chores and snow shoveling.
Nell is asking for walks and paintings are asking to be painted. I enjoy the warm quietness of our small woodland cottage on winter days when the winds howl outside, the snow cloaks our farm and the tea kettle sings of the comfort and  sweet life.

Our new Morgan ginger boys, Devon and Danny, have settled into our barn and daily routine as if they have always been a part of our life.Our geriatric horses, Duster and Victoria have accepted them into the herd.....and Les and I are so looking forward to spring, and the chance to actually get back into the fun of carriage driving.

So far this new year....I have cleaned up my studio, shipped out work to Chisholm Gallery in Wellington,Florida, situated in the new Equestrian Mall; finished commissions for clients who needed for Christmas and shipped out paintings sold .New paintings have been done... The new year looks to be busy with the need for new works for  invitational art exhibits, gallery shows and commissions that are already coming in. I will try to get as much done now, while winter rages outside....for I will be busy this summer carriage driving again. I have promised that for myself......a respite of sorts. I so want my life back...parts that went missing after my stroke disrupted my life [our life] over 6 years ago. I am ready to get back to my life with our horses. Acadia here we come!!

"Color On A Gray Winter's Day"   Casein   12 x 12"


So the story continues....the Cob Cottage Farm saga....the Cob Cottage Studio blog.....!!


Our brook sleeps under winter's blanket







No comments: