Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Three Dancers

This new figurative painting, "The Three Dancers", just came off the easel. It can also be seen on my website in a larger format. When I lived in Rome, Italy I used to go to the theatre and watch the ballet practises and sketch. I could watch dancers all day and never be bored. I was never a dancer myself other than a few years of tap as a child.....but I appreciate the dedication of the dancer.

This painting was done from several photos given to be by an artist friend of mine...along with permission to paint what I wanted. I pulled them together and this is the scene I invented. This is a 14 x 11" painting.

Evening is closing in here at Cob Cottage........so I am headed down to the barn with the dogs. Snow coming and more cold weather.

No comments: