Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

A Small Painting Of Acadia - August's Asticou Gardens


 
"Passing Asticou Gardens, North East Harbor"  , Oil on gessobord, 6 x 6" ©2014 www.kathipeters.com
 
Still trying to play catch up on work done in my blog posts, while trying to manage gardens, put up new horse fence and do all the everyday things that need doing on this small mid-coast Maine farm. August has giving us some stellar weather… and it is so hard to stay in the studio working on commissions and new original work when it is clear that this weather is not going to last and that fall will soon be here , with winter not far behind.
I did this small oil painting of a favourite scene we passed everyday on our way to Acadia during the month of July. It is beautiful in July. June is when it is heavenly with all the rhododendrons and azaleas are in blossom. But I also love the more subdued landscape of the July Asticou Gardens. I hope this small gem touches the heart of some other admirer of Maine landscapes.
Now I am headed back out to enjoy this hot sun filled August day. I have been painting.

Our gardens......
 

No comments: