Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Two Small Casein Portraits

Max and His Pumpkin casein 8 x 5 1/2"


Two small quick caseins of our grandsons are ready to go to my son and daughter-in-law. The boys are growing so fast it is hard to paint fast enough to capture them...but I think I did this time!
These are just to depict a great day last fall, when the sun was shining and snow was nowhere to be found. Today the snow is all around, and though the sun is brilliant, the air is very cold and nipping one's nose. Fall days like depicted in these two paintings are a thing of the past! But those days will be remembered now with these small portraits.
On the up side though ...it is now only a little over 40 days until spring! I am so looking forward to that!




"Logan, The Pumpkin King" casein 6 x 8"

Now onto some bigger works that I am doing.....and I will be taking out my watercolors for these.
My afternoon will be spent in the studio, winter sun shining in, and Les Miserable 's wonderful music entertaining my muse!

No comments: