Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Hunter


This morning when Addie and I went out to feed and turn the horses out, we were greeted by a huge winged predator. He watched us from his perch on the old Ash tree, as the sun rose in the cold winter sky. When we came back from doing the horses this feathered fellow [ I think he is a Great Gray Owl. ] was still perched, allowing me to run into the house and get my digital and 35mm cameras and he posed, it seemed, so I could get good shots of him. The above shot was with my digital...not a very clear shot, but with my 35mm camera I was able to get up close and personal with him. I can't wait to see how those shots came out. After letting me shoot many reference shots, with a swoosh of his wings he flew at and over me and then off into the woods as if to say "Enough of that!!!"






We had our weekly snow storm yesterday and our sauna is now just about covered with the pile up of white rain. If we wanted to take a sauna and then cool off in the brook behind the shed, there is no way we could...not that we were even thinking about doing that!!

No comments: