Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Old Horse - Old Barn


The rain is coming down at a steady clip today. From my studio window I watch the horses as they seek the shelter of their run-out sheds at our barn… and then as they trudge out between rain deluges to eat the new grass shots in their pastures. The fruit trees in our orchard are decorated in their spring cloaks of blossoms…white, pink and red. Everything is wearing green.

I have started a casein painting of an old horse and barn from a photo given to me by a new friend. Tim wrote, ”It is a photo of the barn, and one of the horses, on my Aunt and Uncle's farm, where I spent my summers growing up as a child. Maybe it will be of some inspiration to you.” Well, Tim…It is an inspiration to me… and I will be sending healing thoughts your way as I paint it. Thank you for your confidence in my portraying a part of your world that you grew up in. I think many folks can relate to this scene from the south.

I have started the painting with a chiaroscuro and this will dry enough to get into it with color in a few days…[or longer if it doesn’t stop raining!] I have attached it to today’s blog.
And now I will get back to finishing second watercolor of harness racing horses for Equidea Gallery in Saratoga, for the summer season.

No comments: