Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

Back Into Watercolor For My Latest New Painting

 
"Heading Out - Acadia"  watercolor , 11 x 25"  ©2015 www.kathipeters.com

"Heading Out - Acadia " is a new color painting,  finished last week actually....Another 4-in-hand turnout that captured my attention this summer, up at Wildwood Stables in Maine's  Acadia National Park. I captured them as they were eager to get out onto the carriage roads on their first visit to Acadia. I chose again to just portray the horses.....without the carriage, [a marathon type vehicle] as they went by....all movement and energy. Wonderful memories of an Acadia trip. If it were a commission I would have included the carriage and the driving party….but this is an original done with artist license.
 
 
 I am back into my oil paint now, working on some scenes of horses at liberty and some Maine landscapes.  We are also busy with guests coming and going on our Cob Cottage Farm. Summer is going too, but we have been blessed with some awesome summer like days lately...days that beg me to head out into my gardens and try to catch up on garden taming and transplanting. All too soon the cold weather will come all too soon. I will enjoy this weather while it lasts.
 
 
Also a quick reminder!!!.....Don't forget to take advantage of my ongoing Small Work Sale........it is still going on until I take it down. Strike while the iron is hot , so to speak. Some neat small paintings are included in the sale. I'd hate for you to miss out on a good deal. The small paintings make great gifts for the Holidays!
 
 

No comments: