Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

One Painting Done And Three More In The Works


"Gotta Scratch" , casein on claybord , 16 x 16" ©2015 www.kathipeters.com

I am staying in my studio. It has become a very hot and muggy August here in Maine. My walkout basement studio is always cool in the heat of summer. So I keep painting. I have 3 paintings in the works at the moment. One oil painting and 2 caseins are filling my days inside, as the farm is hot and not so comfortable outside.

I finished a square format casein painting of an European Belgian horse...A "Brabant", a Brabant, is a draft horse breed from the Brabant region of modern Belgium. I love their short strong build, stocky bodies AND the color of their coats. The pink and purple in their shadows and highlights. I will be doing some more works  depicting these hefty workers.  "Gotta Scratch" is available , and looking for a forever home.

 The other paintings I am working on depict pairs , parts of a four in hand team that I had the pleasure of seeing on their maiden visit to Acadia, on the miles of carriage driving roads available for their pleasure. Did I say I love painting driving horses? I have been painting them for years. I will continue to do so.

I paint what I love......and am doing it today from the comfort of my cool studio......!

No comments: