Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pondering.....and Two New Paintings



"The Rocks Of Maine's Coast"      Oil on copper panel      6 x 6"       ©2012 www.kathipeters.com

When the days get shorter, my studio time seems to get longer. It doesn't really compute, but it seems to be the norm. I am sitting here now looking around my studio and trying to figure out how I can get more room in the studio that I was sure was "big enough". It now seems to have shrunk. Funny how that happens. So as daylight shrinks by the minute....my studio shrinks by the day. I need to get more creative on how I use the space available to me. So I sit here pondering.......

I love where we live. Periodically I need an ocean fix. Maine's coast calls to me, maybe because I was born in a water sign month.....or because I was born on the coast. I need to be near water. And lately I also have been feeling the need to paint work depicting the ocean too. Luckily, I am near it.....inspiration is only a short ride away. Pictured above is one of my latest works, a small gem of a painting depicted our rocky coast of Downeast Maine.

And then after I picked the very last of our pears from our small orchard....I set up and did a small still-life painting. It seemed only fitting. Small and small....!


"Four Pears"  OIl on copper panel   6 x 6"   ©2012 www.kathipeters.com
 


And NOW I am thinking that my studio is small........


4 comments:

Carol Reynolds said...

Nice work, Kathi. I especially love the ocean scene; I can "see" the movement of the waves and feel the ocean breeze. Great seascape !

Anonymous said...

Hi, thankyou for a truly insightful blog post, I don't invariably attach comments but enjoyed your weblog hence thought say thanks ! -- Sienna
Visit my page ... fencing in surrey

Kpeters said...

Hi Carol! Thank You!!! I think you will be seeing more seascapes in my future. Seems I am hearing the call of the sea lately!! <3

Kpeters said...

Thanks Sienna....Glad you read it!!
kp