Pages

Monday, March 26, 2018

The Net


"The Net" , casein on board, 12 x 12" copyright2018 www.kathipeters.com

 

While watching the draft carriage horses at the stables, as they were being hitched to the carriages they would be pulling to take the summer tourists on their  trip across the carriage roads of Acadia, I was attracted to the fly nets that covered their bodies. I liked the way their lines covered the hefty bodies of the horses. I liked that it was a non-chemical solution for deterring bothersome flies the hefty draft horses. I liked how the way the simple thin delicate lines created interest on the horses'  muscled bodies. And I love the abstract design that I captured in the photos that I took as we readied our horses to go out on our drive.
Thus this painting.
 
 I know spring is somewhere out there....as we just experienced yet another snow storm. I am grateful for the hours I am able to sneak out of a day from taking care of home and hearth and barn chores. The eternal hope of spring helps.
 
Until then.....I paint.

No comments: