Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Angels And Horses

This 8 x 10"  still-life oil painting is almost done.
Today a winter storm rages outside the studio.  I am cloistered in this cozy space, working on several works..... but the above oil painting on copper panel, is almost done. It depicts objects that I love, and that all have a connection to my life. The angel is one of my angels that came with me when I came back to America after living for years in Italy. I have a small collection of these angels, angels who I imagine came out of churches at some time in the past. I bought them in street markets near our apartment in Milano....How I loved shopping there with my mother.There were no supermarkets in Italy then. Everyday we shopped for our fresh food and vegetables. And while my mother food shopped, I hunted for treasures, like my angels. Today they guard my sleep in our bedroom. The book "The Art Of The Horse" sits on a table in my studio, to always inspire me. The Indian block print cloth underneath, was a gift from a dear friend. They all have meaning for me...and hopefully someone else can relate to these...all depicted together.

The view from my studio today.
I will stay painting in my studio. The horses are bedded in their stalls out of the snow and wind. And the storm  blows outside.



7 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

LOVELY oil painting! But your weather ... ? YUCK. Good painting weather.

Jenny said...

That is a beautiful little painting. I like things like that. You should paint more angels. xo

Gary Keimig said...

great blog and art.

Susan said...

Hi, Kathi - I came across your blog today and have spent the last 30 minutes or so viewing your art and reading your thoughts. I will return time and again. I love your work and your style - just wonderful, wonderful!

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

Brrrr...looks cold in that photo!!

isabelle said...

Hi ,

I like your paintings so much ... I like horses and painting !

Greatings from Belgium

Isa-Belle

Martha said...

I love your painting of your treasures. Horses, angels,cozy studio and painting,horses snuggled in,thats a good life!