Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007



Today I finished two more caseins for the “Shades of Black” series. There will be only one more painting in this series on the study of how black absorbs color and how light plays off the black horses on our farm.

Light, shadows and design…………..words that describe my work and that excite me about what I am doing. Both "Shades Of Black #8 "and "Shades of Black #9 " will be up on my site soon…….


Tomorrow I start a new paper cutting…..A hunt scene that depicts a sidesaddle rider and the hounds………..what fun this will be. I only hope my hands keep steady for the cutting!!

4 comments:

Donnaallen said...

Your shades of black are delicious!
Donna

Kpeters said...

Thank you, Donna.There are more to come... so stay tuned.
kp

Dee Dee said...

These are fabulous Kathi! I love the technique you are using, the compositions and colors are wonderful!! You make me want to go play with casein. :)

Kpeters said...

For the life of me, I don't understand why more artists aren't using casein?? ...but I guess most feel that acrylics are easier to use.
I have always used them.. along with tempera........I just like the way they dry and their contemporary matte finish.