Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Drawn From My Life


A few days ago I set up a still life to play around with. I haven’t done one in “color” in quite a while. I have done sketches of things that I have around the house…where they stand, not taking the time to really set them out with good lighting, just trying to make a composition that would work. But I felt the urge to do a few real still-life works and here is one.


This is casein on canvas, 8 x 10 inches. My mother gave me the pitcher years ago and I paired it with some apples that came off the huge crab apple tree that stands out side of my studio window.


I just needed to convince myself that I still could do still life works and enjoy them. I think I did.

I know I will be doing some more of them over the winter. I have a lot of memories in dust catching mementos displayed around the cottage…what fun! In each painting you will share a personal connection with my life and surroundings. Maybe this will be a good way to get to know me…..?

No comments: