Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Spring Has Sprung..... With A New Painting


 
 
 
I have been in the studio a lot of late. I have been drawing and working a lot on tonal sketches. I feel I always need to be learning, and stretching my art.  I have also been stretching my hours in my day, as I work in the studio, the gardens, the barn and the house. And stretching my back , pulling weeds and raking the perennial garden as it awakens from its winter slumber.  I sleep well at night!
 
Spring is finally here in our part of the woods, and I have just finished a spring like painting of two chestnut horses in their field in its light spring colors before the green appears. They are busy horses foraging for any tiny blades of grass that might be poking through the warming ground. "Chestnuts Two " is a 12 x 12" casein on board. I have put it up on my website now.
 
If you haven't gone yet to see the River Art Gallery's latest exhibit I suggest that you head on down/over there and see "The Natural World". The show is wonderful with works from Maine artists from all over the state. I am one of the artists juried into the show. You won't be disappointed.  My painting "Ripe Arbor Grapes " is hanging there for your viewing pleasure. It looks much better in real life than the internet can display!!
 
 
 
In the meantime I will paint!

No comments: