Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Plein Air Painting In My Garden


"Japanese Iris"  pastel on paper,  12 x 9"  ©2015 www.kathipeters.com


With the weather being wonderful...and finding a few days where I actually am able to get some uninterrupted painting time...I headed outside with my pastels to do some plein air painting. I didn't travel far. It seems I have been away from home too much lately. I just worked in my back garden....my studio garden. I don't have to lug my equipment very far!! I did a pastel of my Shasta Daisies in full bloom. Then I did another pastel of my "Japanese Iris" in all their splendor. I think I want to do more paintings of them while they are in bloom, but I might have to work from photos, as these days my painting time is limited.

Summer in Maine is short lived. I will enjoy our time carriage driving and the time I spend working in my flower gardens.  New flowers are blooming everyday! I will try to paint more of them.



No comments: