Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

Painting That Is "In Harmony"

"In Harmony"  , mixed media, 12 x 12"  ©2017

A four-in-hand team of Kladruber horses trotted by me on the carriage roads of Acadia. It was during a week of coaching on a bright fall day. The lead horses came down the road, right towards me, and the horses behind them could not be seen , nor could the carriage with its passengers be seen, as they all held onto their hats, when a low hanging branch threated their loosing their hats.  As I went to paint these handsome carriage horses, the woods background, with the sparkling back light, suggested such an abstract statement....I went a bit abstract....using contemporary colors. I'm pleased with how it all comes together and how the colors complement the more realistic equine." In Harmony" is available on my website.

No comments: