Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

A New Watercolor And A Maine Art Exhibit


 
Our apple trees are laden with blossoms.
 
The month of May has been flying by, it seems. With so many beautiful weather days, I have been getting work done outside in my gardens and with our horses. In the studio I have been busy with a Maine landscape painting and several smaller works that I am still on the fence about. Contrary to popular belief not every painting done is worthy of being shared. Sometimes I have to sit on a fence a day or so after finishing a painting, before I send it out into the wide world for other eyes to see. I know I am not alone with this practice. Quality control at work! 
 
 
"The German Pair" , watercolor on paper, 9.25 x 14"  copyright 2015 www.kathipeters.com
 
I also did do a watercolor of two handsome driving horses. They are of the Polish breed called Heavy Schlesier. They originate from Schlesien, which is now a region in Poland, but before the World War it belonged to Germany. How big and strong they look, yet are wonderful driving horses. “The German Pair" “is available to purchase on my website.
The other work I have done might be added to my website…we shall see!
 
This month was time to clean up and organize my pastel colors. I did that and believe me it was no easy task. Now my pastels are all in one pastel box, organized and at the ready for my foray into pastel work. When THAT will be I don't know but soon ?!
 
 
 
Again this year I have work in the Annual Festival of Art at the Hutchinson Center in Belfast, Maine. The show opened May 21, with an opening reception at 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The show ran May 22 and 23, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday May 24, noon to 3 p.m. I hope you made it to the show. It always has an interesting mix of artwork in this Maine exhibit!
Life goes on at our ‘farmette’……..spring is in full swing with its bountiful display of blossoms and each day’s new color. At the moment….lots of green.
 
And so I paint!

2 comments:

Candy said...

These horses are gorgeous!

Kpeters said...

Thank you Candy!! So glad you like my horse works! I was attracted to these handsome pair ....awesome pair! Enjoyed painting them!!
kp