Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Horse Racing Season In Saratoga & New Art Show



With thoughts of spring bringing summer I was inspired to paint a summer racing season painting depicting Saratoga Springs post parade….. It was a fun and difficult work to do with multiple subjects and perspective …who should be emphasized and how do attack the background? Where is the vanishing point? Is there a interesting focal point?  I worked hard on it and I think I achieved what I set out to do.  I am happy with it.
“Saratoga 5 4 6” “is finally done and up on my website.

 

On another note:    New show opened at Aarhus Gallery in Belfast, Maine.  “The 6th Annual “44N 69W: Radius Belfast” 2014. This exhibit showcases local artists and it helps support our local food pantries. I have work in this local show again this year. This is a show I enjoy supporting!  The show will be exhibited from March 6th – 30th, 2014.   Hope everyone comes out in force and buys paintings and helps feed local families who desperately need help.

"Retired"  , oil on copper , 10 x 10"

I am feeling inspired by spring! Back to painting!!!

No comments: