Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Waxing Poetic And Painting Too





Our farm today.  ©2012 kathi peters
Nell and I took a walk to the back of our fields today.We have had a rash of gray days with rain, rain,rain....so today's sun beckoned, so we enjoyed a longer walk and the sunshine. The horses are grazing in the back fields, and will until deer hunting's gun season. I took my camera with me and succeeded in capturing some wonderful photos that I can use to compose a painting I am planning. Nell had fun smelling all the wild animals smells that cover our farm.

Now ,back in the studio, I have to get back to work. Nell sleeps under my drawing board. I have finished an oil painting of the ripe grapes on our arbor.....it took me a while.

 "Ripe Arbor Grapes"   Oil on copper   12 x 12"  ©2012 www.kathipeters.com
 
Our marigold circled grape arbor today. ©2012 kathi peters
 
 
During the recent rainy spell I spent time walking in the wet woods....and on one of Nell and my walks, I composed this poem......
 The Woods Today
The woods today, seemed dark and gray
Until I stepped inside.
Then orange and red
Covered green moss bed
Of paths I walked beside the upright trees
That dropped their color, bold and bright.
Though rain had wet the fields from skies above, all dark and gray,
The woods were decked in colors that brightened up my day.

Now I need to get to work, while Nell sleeps. Paperwork is waiting for an invitational art exhibit I have been invited to participate in. It opens next week!..I will write it a bit later!! I am stoked to be invited!!! AND it IS in MAINE!!

4 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

Love your painting. Do the horses get upset with the sound of guns or do they just take no notice at all and keep on eating.

Senja Berita said...

love this post
because your article is very interesting to read

Ulan News said...

Articles are very nice

Shiva rei said...

nice post ..
really very nice your post