Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Pond Lilies and Horses - New Paintings

"In Our Pond"      Oil on Copper        6 x 6"
June has come and gone. The farm gardens are resplendent with color and heady with fragrance. I love it. I want to stay sequestered in the comfort of our cottage and wrapped in the atmosphere of my surroundings. But it seems lately that every summer I am called away to do painting demonstrations and attend show receptions...all away from home. I am busy now getting things done for Saratoga Spring's Equidae Gallery show that opens the end of this month. But I have been able to get a few new paintings done...One ...the small 6 x 6" oil on copper, "In Our Pond",  pictured above. An afternoon was spent painting our pond lilies,,,,,sweet summer grass  perfume filled the air and  bugs buzzed by....a lovely humid summer day past before the thunderstorms came through

Back in the coolness of my basement studio I did a 6 x 8" oil painting of a Saratoga Race Track scene...And "Saratoga Sea Hero"  and the pond lily painting "In Our Pond" are both now on my website.

Today I work in my studio, after a brief reprieve. The farrier came to trim the horses.
The skies darkened and a bit of thunder rumbled,....but no storm.
Now it is back to framing......And before I know it, the day will be here for shipping paintings. Back to work.


"Saratoga Sea Hero"   OIl on copper    6 x 8"

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Merci pour cette belle publication. Cette peinture de vos nénuphars est très jolie. J'aime les couleurs et l'atmosphère.
Je vous souhaite plein de bonnes choses et de belles rencontres.

Gros bisous.

Kpeters said...

Merci,Martine!
kp