Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

New Oil Painting Of Seal Harbor, Maine And Show Opening



"Seal Harbor Lupine"    Oil on copper    6 x 8"  copyright 2012  www.kathipeters.com


While I waited for the rain to stop I did this small gem of an oil painting of one of my most favourite places in the world! Seal Harbor, Maine hold many sweet memories for me, of years spent with old friends and new friends found while riding and driving our horses on the carriage roads of Acadia, of evenings spent gathered around the campfire at Wildwood Stables. The reference photo for this painting was provided by one of those friends....."Seal Harbor Lupine" brings back sweet memories.


I may be sitting here in Maine, but I am having an art show opening tomorrow evening with Gallery B in Lexington, KY. The show titled "Go Figure" opens with a reception June 7th at 5:30 until 8:00 pm .....good food, good conversation and a wonderful show with figurative images shhowing people at work , rest  and play in a variety of mediums by noted Bluegrass and National artists. I am pleased to be in such good company!! The show will hang until July 14th,2012.  My casein painting "Girl With A Gun"  will be included with more of my work exhibited. I will not be there.....I am busy here at home, painting away in my studio!!



"Girl With A Gun"   Casein on board      12 x 12"    www.galleryblexington.com









2 comments:

martinealison said...

Votre peinture avec les lupins est magnifique... J'aime la manière que vous les avez traités. la lumière vient les effleurer délicatement. Ils se détachent merveilleusement bien du fond. Un lieu qui me semble très serein...
Avec mon amie Susan dans le Maine, j'ai découvert des endroits sublimes de cette belle région.
Je vous souhaite plein de bonnes choses... La dernière peinture que vous nous montrez est également extraordinaire. Elle est remplie d'énergie et tout en mouvement.
Gros bisous.

Kpeters said...

Bon Jour Martine! Thank you bery much for your kind words and kudos!
So you know our Maine?!! It is beautiful.
Ciao,
kp