Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Distractions

Nellie caught a tiger!!!!

I had started an oil on copper painting, and was well on my way into it, when it seems that life began asking or taking too much of my time. My time in the studio has been way too short and too sporadic to make headway on that painting or even get absorbed in it. I need to be absorbed in my work to feel as if I am connected to it, immersed into it. So I sit here, and I look at what I have painted so far..... and I feel like wiping it all off, only to start again. Nell asks for some playtime. She has a tiger that needs throwing.....she needs my attention,so I oblige.


Some of my Bleeding-Hearts   copyright 2012 www.kathipeters.com

And then my gardens need pruning, preening and enjoying. I have to answer their call.


Cob Cottage Farm    copyright 2012 www.kathipeters.com


And then after days of rain and gray, a bit of blue appears in the skies over the farm...the evening sunlight hits the billowing clouds and.I have to admire God's glory and give thanks for small blessings......like a small Jack Russell who wants my attention.

I can finish the painting tomorrow.....

No comments: