Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Painting In The Works

"The Yellow Door"  a work in progress............copyright 2012 www.kathipeters.com


Spring seems to have arrived. Nell and I have been taking walks out into the back pastures and I have been inundated with ideas for new paintings, all inspired by our farm, our horses, my world. This casein on canvas pictured above is the first .....and I have a copper panel ready for an oil landscape. I know that soon [ if the weather cooperates ] I will be called outside to prepare gardens and dig in the dirt. I can't wait! So I am driven to create more now, so I can garden later!!


My work has been invited into the American Academy of Equine Art's Invitational Exhibit "The Horse In Fine Art"  to be hung in Lexington,KY at  the historic Spindletop Hall. The show opens April 2 and hangs through May 26, 2012.
I will also be having work again in the 10th Annual "Festival of Art" in Belfast, Maine at The University of Maine's Hutchinson Center. This show opens May 10th with thier reception and then runs through the 13th. These are two are some the many shows I am particapating in this spring ...more to come this summer. So I guess I need to keep focused and painting.....   so hard when spring starts calling!!!


Spring pushes back the snow from the fields. copyright 2012   www.kathipeters.com


2 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

Congratulations on being invited into the Exhibition, it must be wonderful to be 'invited' like that, and the very best with it. Like the look of your work in progress.

Kpeters said...

Ann,it is always special when being invited to participate in an exhibit or to be invited into a Gallery. It really brings a smile to one's face!! ;-)
Hope you like the new casein painting done!!
Have a creative day!!
kp