Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Changes

Snow blankets the look-in-to garden.

We thought that spring had come but winter charged back in with biting wind and snow. The horses were starting to shed, but when the weather changed, I think they now are appreciating their winter coats. Over the weekend we awoke to a fresh blanket of winter white.....lovely to look at and not so deep that we had to spend hours shoveling. If but all the storms would be like this!!!

And while the weather took a turn for the worst I Moved my office to my studio….pc and desk and files…..this change will make it easier for me to take care of business. It also allows me the use of my larger monitor for reference of images while I paint. Easier on my eyes!! My studio is finally put back together, after days of bedlam …sort of. I am working again, doing some drawing and working on some new paintings. I have my summer galleries plans laid out…..and need to get ‘to work’ on new work. This is good. I also will be doing some painting demonstrations this summer…..all in the works.




And locally in Maine, I have 2 paintings hanging in the Aarhus Gallery’s "44n 69w Radius Belfast"  show which runs March 1st - April 1st. The opening reception is March 2, 5-8pm. Their openings are always packed and entertaining. Aarhus is a lovely Belfast Maine Gallery. This all-encompassing show, featuring work by Maine artists, celebrates the vast creative local community. From the sales of this show, the gallery donates 20% of proceeds to food banks within a thirty-mile radius of Belfast. This is wonderful, especially this year….the way things are. I am happy to take part!!
Now.....back to my drawing.....and the changed around studio. [I think I do this every year at this time....change things around!!] Back to work!!!!





















©2012 kathipeters.com

No comments: