Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Getting Back To Business [ As Usual ]


"A Handful"     Casein on Clayboard   5 X 5"        ©2011


A small casein on board is my latest work done and I find I try to get back to the business of working in the studio. I had to process the loss of my old friend Dom and some other changes in my life. It was time to take a break...and I feel better now.....better for having taken the time to morn and celebrate. Life goes on.

I also have been doing a bit of drawing....another change.....and a discipline always enjoyed. In the past, I have drawn a lot...but of late, not so much as I might like.I am going to make a point of doing more drawing....not just drawing out the paintings to be done...but actually sketching,drawing to get a better handle on what I see and what I am putting down on paper. In essence getting back to my roots artistically.


"Sweet Memories"  Charcoal on Vellum  12 x 9 1/2" © kathipeters 2011
The above charcoal drawing is of my dresser and mirror in our bedroom.....with a flower vase that was my mother's and a dish that is from a dresser set that was my mother's too.I think the dish was used for hair to be kept in...hair pulled our of a hair brush?? or maybe for a women's jewelry to be put in at night? The the jar is mine...I bought it because I liked the flowers on it....what it should be used for I haven't a clue. 

Yes...it is good to be back in the studio.


3 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

Glad you are back in your studio. I always find painting helps, like therapy I guess. Happy painting.

Renee Lammers said...

Hi Kathi! Good to see you are back working. I really like your drawing. It is very interesting and well done! I miss you. We will have to have a Christmas celebration for painters!

Kpeters said...

Thank you Ann and Renee.....I am back with new perspectives of what I want to do with my art and my life....sometimes we have to cry before we can sing.....

kp