Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Painting On Copper, Drawing On Claybord

The Spruce wood lot at the end of our field.
It has been a bitter cold week, topped off with yet a new blanket of snow to cover the farm. I did have time to get some work done in the studio, but when we are hit with such mean weather, it also means more work caring for the horses, shoveling snow etc etc.......Today we have a break in the cold, but skies have darkened, warning of the coming of a new snow storm. I will take what ever reprieve nature blesses us with. I cannot help but marvel at the beauty of this season and the woods surrounding our cottage. I look out at the distant stand of spruce, all dressed in their lace shawls of snow....even on this gray day, they look lovely.

I have finished the 8 x 10" oil painting on copper substrate. I call it "Angels and Horses" and it is available on my website.

"Angels and Horses"       oil on copper panel          8  x 10"       copyright 2011

I also have been working on a mixed media peice, on a 12 x 12" Ampersand claybord panel.This piece depicts a Freisian .....driving....through the woods. This work will also be available on my website when it is finished, but this is where it stands at this point. It is done in graphite...but there is more to do........with paint.


"Focused Friesian"      mixed media      12 x 12"       copyright 2011
With what is left of the day, I am heading back down to the studio.....'make hay while the sun shines'...........on this cold gray winter's day in Maine.

2 comments:

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Beautiful! I have that book too, one of my favorites (and a huge framed print of Whistlejacket in my living room:) A few years ago I saw the original and I cried.

Kpeters said...

Yes, The original is a beautiful painting and I hope I did it justice!!
Thanks Jenn!
kp