Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Ridden Dressage In Casein

"Shades Of Gray #2" casein on paper- 9 x 12"

This morning while the bitter cold January winds howl outside my studio, I painted, and still in my pj's, have just finished the above casein on paper. This is one more done for my series titled "Shades Of Gray".....a series where I will explore the color, light and shadows in gray [or white] horses. In the past few years I have done a similar foray into the colors I see in the black horse...now the gray will be the subject of this 'experiment"! I am putting it up on my website.


The new online art show with "Women Artists of the West" titled " It''s An Artist's Life" is now on line and I have two still life works 'hanging' in it. I am very proud to be part of this great group of female artists who are from all over the U.S.of A. ...not just the West as their name states. Please take a stop into this virtual show and enjoy. Sorry I can't offer you a glass of wine!

Guess I better get dressed and bundle up to walk the dogs. Out into the cold!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Your use of background colour is just so clever, a beautiful effect.

Kpeters said...

Thank you, Laura. I always use the background color, because it really has a way of pulling a work's design together.
kp

Deedee Williams said...

Just gorgeous. I love your work!

Marie Theron said...

I love the "slice of life" style of composition! There is no need to show all the legs, etc every time, so this is a very pleasing painting. Wonedrful painting technique as well!

Kpeters said...

I really got into this painting, so am thinking of redoing it again..a bit differently...I am think about it!
Thanks all!