Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Commission of an Old Friend




Yesterday I spent a good portion of my afternoon at the my framer's getting frames picked for works going to shows and for finished commissions. One work was the above watercolor of 'Tootie'..what a wonderful loving and happy fellow he was ...he always had a hearty hello whenever I visited his home and "parents". A perfect furkid! He is much missed...and I only hope this watercolor does him justice.

The two casein works below are the ones that are going down to the American Academy Of Equine Art's show at the Rolex in April,and are being framed and made good to go! I only wish I was going with them...but my trip to Lexington, KY. is planned for later in May. For now my two works will have to represent me on their own!




3 comments:

Kathleen Coy said...

I love the dog portrait, Karen! Tootie looks like such a sweetheart, just like your description of him. I think it always adds a little something extra to the portrait when you get to paint a dog you know/knew.

Kpeters said...

Thanks, Kathleen, Tootie was a special guy!
Kathi

Kathleen Coy said...

Oops, sorry for misspelling your name, Kathi. *blush*