Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Coming Together Fine!

There has been so much happening in my life over the past few months. I am feeling a bit over whelmed by it all. But I have been handling it one day and step at a time… so here goes …………!


Starting with an opening in Belfast, Maine of an art show at Aarhus Gallery on March 6th which brought a VERY full house. I have one of my mixed media paintings from My Family Series is showcased there. “How You Gonna Keep ‘Em Down On The Farm?” is an 8 x 6” fun look at my Pennsylvania family. I am working on some more of these.... a trip into my past and ancestry.... and it’s a fun trip. It is a step out of my normal subject matter and my focus, but I don’t think you will be disappointed with it. It is innovative and thought provoking. Some say there is certain nostalgia to these works.

Also I have been invited to several invitational exhibits that are being organized by The American Academy of Equine Art. You can see several of my works during The Rolex in April at the AAEA’S building opening April 24th through May 1, 2009.”Start of a New Day” and “Waiting Your Turn” both are being sent to Lexington for the Rolex show.


And then there is another invitational show on Mackinac Island, MI. titled “Pulling Their Weight - Draft and Carriage Horses in Fine Art” from July 15 thru 20, 2009.

AND THEN.... I have a ONE-MAN SHOW coming up in Lexington, KY. in May, titled "Finding My Voice"...at
Gallery B. I will be there for the opening reception on May 8th, 2009 from 5-8pm. I hope you can make it! The show will last through the month of May. A portion of the sales from this exhibit will be donated to The Stroke Foundation. I hope this show can raise stroke and aphasia awareness!

I will also be having work hanging at Equidae Gallery in Saratoga Springs, NY. again this summer. And I will be doing a demonstration there "of painting with casein", date TBA .the dates can be seen on my events page on my website. Come and talk to me!!


AND FINALLY, last but not least!...…an interview with me, covering my oeuvre of equine artwork, has come out in ART HORSE MAGAZINE.... and it is so neat to see my work showcased so nicely. And at such a good time! This magazine is an art publication that only comes out twice a year and highlights one equine artist and art photographer in each issue, along with several interesting articles about art or history concerning the horse. A good read! I recommend it and not just because of the article about “MOI”…it is full of good reading!

That’s the story so far…. It’s coming together to be a great year!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! Congrats on everything, I do love your work. I like the style of "keep 'em on the farm" picture very much. Makes me think of my grandparent's farm.

Kpeters said...

Thanks, Rosemary...There will be more works done like the "How ya gonna keep 'em" painting. A series.