Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

Show Opening In Belfast Maine- May 22, 2008



I have been working..both in and out of the studio.

My gardens are starting to look good. I think that June is when they are at their prime. I am looking forward to that! Both our sons gave me plants for the gardens for Mother's Day [and dinner out to boot!!]. Such good men they are!!!

On The art front: The 2008 Festival of Art presented at The Hutchinson Center in Belfast opens on Thursday, May 22nd with a Reception for the artists and public. I will be there... and so will my casein "She Rode A Purple Horse". My painting "In Your Face" is hanging in the Gothic Building storefront window in Belfast on Maine Street , along with some other local artists' works, to celebrate this show. There is a Biblical saying "A prophet is not recognised in his own country"....so it is with me. This is almost my first local showing...new for the Belfast arena, not Maine. I look forward to getting more involved with the art scene here.

"The Horses In Art" show at the Columbia Art League has closed and is now being moved to the Wildlife Experience Museum in Parker, CO. My two casein paintings [ "Shades of Black # 8" and
"Shades of Black # 9" ] hanging in that show, will be traveling to the museum for the Opening Reception on June 6th, 2008. I will not be able to go to that opening.....


No comments: