Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day


Today is a day of remembering and honouring.
My family on my mother's side come from Germany originally and settled in Pennsylvania. They were farmers, painters, entrepreneurs and proud to be Americans by choice.
My father's parents came from Poland ...settled in the Boston, Mass. area and were hard working folks...........my paternal grandmother never learned English well. But she didn't need to as she did not venture out of her Polish neighborhood much throughout her life.
My husband, Les , was born in Kenya, East Africa. We met in Rome, Italy, were married in Italy and our first son was born in Italy. When we came to America...back to my home country....Les became an American citizen and he is VERY proud of his adopted country..the US of A. Our second son was born in America after we had settled here and decided to stay here.
We all are indebted to the veterans who have fought for our freedom in America and abroad, in the past and even today. Some of them were from my family.....and today is a day to take time to remember them and what they have given for us and future generations.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: