Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

There Are No Rules


When I was growing up in Italy I used to beg my parents to take me on carriage rides in the livery carriages that were throughout the city of Milan where we lived at the time. For me it was important, even then, to have some kind of connection with horses, even if they were not my own and I wasn't riding or driving them myself. Before moving to Italy we had lived in New Hampshire on a farm where I always had my own horse. Actually I had gone through a series of horses and ponies by the time we moved to Milan. But in Milan I was horseless and lost without them.

When I saw this photo of a livery carriage and horse on their break, it reminded me of those times.

This is a 9 x 12" casein on Colorfix paper. I have also thrown a bit of pen and ink into it too, for definition. I am having fun with the effects that I can get with casein on Colorfix gessoed paper.
I have done quite a few of these and I just realized that I haven't even put them on my website. Add that to my To-Do list!

The To-Do list gets bigger by the day.....but "There Are No Rules "!!! ....and that is also the name of this casein.

No comments: