Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Morgan-In Harness


Last fall at the Skyline Farm's Maine Carriage Day I was able to get some lovely photos to use for reference material for paintings to be done over the winter time. I just finished this graphite study of a beautiful head study of a Morgan in harness. The watercolor will follow as time allows. If this winter continues as it has for the past month.....then I will be forced to stay working in my studio. Maybe that is a good thing as I have several works in the making and ideas galore of what to do next!

I been invited to participate in the prestigious annual Grand National Art Show & Sale at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, CA. ..... where more than 500 pieces of western & equestrian themed art will be displayed showcasing over 100 artists from around the World, I have to get my artwork packed and shipped. Show dates are April 4th through April 12th 2008. You can get more information at the Cow Palace website.

And then work packed and shipped to the Invitational "2008 Horse in Fine Art" Exhibition that is being presented by The American Academy of Equine Art to be held at The Columbia Art League, Columbia, MO and The Wildlife Experience Museum, Parker,CO.

I am headed out to clean stalls now.............. no glory there..but a labor of love.

No comments: